Voicelessness and Emotional Survival Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 07:54:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
With over 100,000 posts and 2 million pageviews, the Voicelessness and Emotional Survival Message Board has become a valuable resource for people learning about and dealing with narcissistic spouses/partners, boyfriends/girlfriends, parents, siblings, adult children, bosses, and co-workers--as well as other sources of "voicelessness."
135444 Posts in 8248 Topics by 1744 Members
Latest Member: moonlight60
* Home Help Search Login Register
For books on NARCISSISM and its damaging effects on relationships and families see: The Voicelessness Reading List . All purchases help support the Voicelessness Board.
+  Voicelessness and Emotional Survival Message Board
|-+  Voicelessness and Emotional Survival
| |-+  Voicelessness and Emotional Survival Message Board (Moderator: Dr. Richard Grossman)
| | |-+  Things I like
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 Print
Author Topic: Things I like  (Read 38857 times)
mudpuppy

« Reply #330 on: February 07, 2012, 09:01:53 PM »

A toasted pumpernickel bread sandwich.....

Does anyone know the roots of the word pumpernickel?

mud
lighter

« Reply #331 on: February 07, 2012, 11:21:57 PM »

A toasted pumpernickel bread sandwich.....

Does anyone know the roots of the word pumpernickel?

mud

::resisting urge to immediately google pumpernickel::
Is that a trick question, Mud?

Lighter
lighter

« Reply #332 on: February 08, 2012, 07:47:01 AM »

Ah yes, Mud.

The sweet smell of.......

devil gas? 
Eeeek; )

Lighter
mudpuppy

« Reply #333 on: February 09, 2012, 02:57:38 PM »

Or Goblin+breaking wind.  Laughing
Who ever said German's don't have a sense of humor? (Besides every country within a few weeks march I mean.)

mud
sea storm

« Reply #334 on: February 09, 2012, 03:00:51 PM »

Yes German is really different.  I saw in a brochure that Whale Watching is called Val Fartin. I thought that was so funny that I laughed my head off.
lighter

« Reply #335 on: February 10, 2012, 06:46:46 PM »

OK.

I made "the sandwich" with untoasted Jewish Ryed, turkey, avocado, mayo, thick sliced apple smoked bacon, lettuce and a little apricot jam on the side of bread with lettuce.

Along with the salad it was outstanding.

No pumpernickel at all; )

Lighter

Garbanzo

« Reply #336 on: February 16, 2012, 01:03:07 AM »

Righteous indignation

I like this term, humoursly and also seriously.
lighter

« Reply #337 on: February 21, 2012, 02:05:23 PM »

Seeing the tips of all the bulbs I planted in the fall!
finding peace

« Reply #338 on: February 24, 2012, 12:07:47 AM »

Hearing my daughter come crashing into my home office while I am working - telling me she has attained her dream of being included in the vocal ensamble in her school (the elight, elight of singers in the chorus).

She has been working so very hard for this -- for months.

SHE GOT IT!!!!!!

I am so happy for her  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy.

Peace
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 12:12:17 AM by finding peace » Logged

“Words are just words - why do I give them the power to hurt me?"

"I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back." Maya Angelou
lighter

« Reply #339 on: February 24, 2012, 06:11:15 AM »

Service.

Starting a martial arts program for the community (that fell into my lap perfectly.)  3 hours today, and I had a program, a schedule, and organization in place.

The space.  The mats.  The sound system.  The students.  The very real possibility that this will grow into a greater community outreach fundraising piece is very exciting. 

Explaining to my children they'll be participating (it's a lot of hours, several days a week,) and they didn't groan, or moan.  They were seated in the sunshine, on a perfectly breezy, perfectly spring time day, and they embraced it!  Then we played ball, and laughed, and were grateful for the day, each other, and our lives.  (My oldest taught me a new yoga position!  My youngest chased ducks: )

My children are familiar enough with my workouts it's anticipated they'll grow quickly into assistant teaching positions.  They have some formal martial arts training, and that will help so much in my non tradition classroom, which doesn't require they bow in or out, but it does require they be attentive, and focused.  I think the transition to my class style will be easy, fun and mostly positive.

::knocking on wood::

This is gonna be great!

Lighter
Hopalong

« Reply #340 on: February 25, 2012, 11:40:58 PM »

I like hearing about happy daughters.

And I like picking daffodils in my back woods, seeing it snow the next day, and the morning after than going out and picking a whole bunch more -- they're a little confused but gorgeous survivors. I like knowing my parents planted them 47 years ago and they've spread and are still producing. Dots of sunshine in the woods.

I come home to a blast of scent. It also reminds me I will be able to create joy just with some flowers, wherever I wind up moving.

Hops

"That'll do, pig, that'll do."
sKePTiKal

« Reply #341 on: February 26, 2012, 08:53:03 AM »

I like my new orthotic flip-flops that don't look like "little old lady" shoes. I've been able to wear 'em on the days where it's been spring here (before it flips back to winter)... and they are helping my ankle heal... so I won't have as much pain working outside, working out inside, and burning more calories than I take in... so I can keep healing other things, too.

I like moving things around - like putting my dishdrainer on the other side of the sink and trying it out to see how I like it.

I like waking up in the morning, and seeing the funny cartoon hubs left for me to find, first thing - "kitty treadmills" - 3 toilet paper rolls and kitties pulling it off... as my feral kitty starts her workout on the real one!!

Success is never final, failure is never fatal.
Garbanzo

« Reply #342 on: February 27, 2012, 02:58:35 PM »

I WISH I had a real garden because I LOVE....

Primroses. All of the colors. All with the bright yellow center, the purple, pinks, pale yellows, whites, reds, oranges.
The traditional flat leaf primroses but also the ones with the ruffled blossoms.

The baby herb plants for starting in a garden, the baby cilantros, baby thymes, parsley, sage, oregano.

The bulbs of crocus shoots and daffodils and hyacinths and tulips. All of these I love them and I want to take them home and plant two hundred of them.  Sad

There is even a local garden store that has baby ducklings and chickens.
debkor

« Reply #343 on: February 28, 2012, 03:18:52 AM »

My 17 year old S getting home about an hour or so ago from Las Vegas where he played in a hockey tournament.  Many of his team mates were from Winnipeg, Canada.  He is tired, jet lagged and I think I heard a Canadian accent (lol).  He has a hat with his name and after the name is.....eh!  He loves his Canadian team mates!!!

By the way.....Co-ed team.....Champions!!
lighter

« Reply #344 on: March 01, 2012, 09:11:00 AM »

That perfect cup'a joe.

A not too sweet something to go with it.

Sunny spring mornings, with birds singing, breeze blowing....

the birds are everywhere!  It's like the Robins are trying to shake the bushes loose: )

Lighter

Voicelessness and Emotional Survival Message Board

For books on NARCISSISM and its damaging effects on relationships and families see: The Voicelessness Reading List .
All purchases (including those through the Amazon link above) help support the Voicelessness Board.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: