Author Topic: Where are the people who read and don't reply?  (Read 65 times)

sea storm

Where are the people who read and don't reply?
« on: October 09, 2017, 02:51:08 PM »
Lately I've been noticing that when someone posts there can be thousands of views and just a very few replies. I imaging that there are people who follow this along like soap opera, people who are too isolated and shy to respond, people who don't care, people who care too much, people who can't write in English, the watchers, the observers and the listeners.

I wish more people would say something. For some reason Mudpuppy comes to mind. He would have good pithy response to things and seemed to think this became a silly teaparty.  Well you make the party.

Just sayin.
Sea

Twoapenny

Re: Where are the people who read and don't reply?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 03:50:51 PM »
I sometimes read things more than once before replying, or deciding that I haven't really got anything to say that would be helpful, so it might be that the views are more than the people, if that makes sense?  But I think sometimes people can find comfort or help from just reading other people's situations.  I've joined forums in the past where I've read a lot but said very little.  Sometimes I need to take in, sometimes I need to give out.  I think a lot of the issues associated with abuse are so painful that it can be very difficult to open up, in any situation.  Some suffer in silence, I think.  It can be very hard to take the lid off and a bit scary if you can't get it back on again.

sea storm

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 02:05:37 AM »
Well said and very sensitive. Sometimes I can't bring myself to reply for those reasons too. It is just that there are so few people commenting that it would be good if a few more people spoke up.

sea storm

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 01:16:19 PM »
HA HA HA   It seems I am replying to my own posts now. How decontructural.