« Last post by Ales2 on November 28, 2016, 02:58:13 PM »
Quick observations from my "shadow" inventory about where I get stuck:
1. I'm determined, but my discipline needs work to match up to my goals. (determination is the map, discipline the fuel)
2. I react the "same old way" in a new circumstance, getting the same result, remaining small and not moving forward. (caterpillar syndrome)
3. I used to have a positive response to negative events. Now, I have fallen into a bad habit of having a negative response (overeating, usually on a credit card, overcharging) when things go bad. I need to go back to pre-choosing responses again, i.e when I feel bad or when negative events occur, do good anyway. (emotional override)
4. I have a deep self doubt, negativity, underachieving, smallness, ambivalence, mistrust of others. (my shadow)
5. I'm aware I need to change my perspective on some negativity. Instead of "alot of people are JERKS", I need to acknowledge "I can handle JERKS". I can be more trusting (mostly of my abilities now with others), assertive, positive instead of feeling people/the world can't be trusted and I have to remain cynical, critical and overly judgemental, cautious. (reframing negativity)
Anyway, these were the important realizations I got from my work with THE TOOLS book and my group. And, as luck would have it, this week is last week of group, then we are on hiatus for December, and then back in January, which is just what I wanted to do!